Dual Language Packs
For students whose native language is not English, participating in regular classwork is sometimes a big challenge. And it's a challenge, too, for you--trying to find ways to help them fit in with the class, to teach them the material that needs to be covered, and to assess their understanding.
Our Dual Language English-Spanish novel study packs address these problems head-on and provide an excellent solution.
We have put Spanish translations directly next to the English for the study guide questions, multiple choice quizzes, discussion questions, vocabulary list, and matching portion of the vocabulary worksheets from our LitPlans plus created unit tests also in the English-Spanish format.
Multiple-Choice & Matching
- The multiple-choice and matching questions with the Spanish translations written next to the English are ideal for Spanish-speaking students with very limited English skills.
- By seeing and studying the English, students can build an academic vocabulary as well as learn important elements of English sentence structure, punctuation, and capitalization.
- These portions of the Dual Language Packs give you and the student common ground even if neither of you speaks the other's language.
Short Answer And Discussion Questions
- These parts of the Dual Language English-Spanish novel study packs are ideal for students whose English language skills are a little more developed but might not be confident in knowing the exact meanings of the questions.
- You can be sure your students understand what is being asked.
- Your students can give written answers that, although they may not be in perfect English, will let you know if they know the answers, also giving your students practice in writing English.
- You can use these questions to give oral tests, too, allowing students more ways of communicating their responses.
The vocabulary worksheets for each reading assignment are the same as in the LitPlans, with the Spanish translations of the definitions next to the English. There are also a couple of extra whole-unit vocabulary worksheets students can use for practice and review.
The unit tests are also side-by-side translated and are basically the same as the LitPlans, with a variety of sections: matching, multiple choice, short answer, and vocabulary. There are also some essay questions for ELLs whose English skills are good enough for that.
A Real Help To You And Your Spanish-Speaking Students
All of these components will help your Spanish-speaking students participate in your novel unit, help to facilitate learning and assessment, and help to assimilate your students into your classes.
Dual Language Packs Are Currently Available For These Titles: