Teach your 12th-grade students how to analyze and appreciate literary fiction with Reading Literature Level 12.
This book contains 6 short stories and 5 poems, all of which are annotated with important information to help students understand the texts.
Multiple short-answer questions for each story and poem require students to analyze literary elements like figurative language, structure, and tone and help them explain the effects of these elements on the meaning of the work as a whole.
Every question helps your students achieve the high levels of reading proficiency the Common Core State Standards demand, and the questions in the Teacher's Edition are labeled with the Standards they meet.
Texts in Reading Literature Level 12:
- Bartleby, the Scrivner by Herman Melville
- Rappaccini's Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Regret by Kate Chopin
- The Blue Hotel by Stephen Crane
- The Blind Man by D. H. Lawrence
- The Fly by Katherine Mansfield
- A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning by John Donne
- Ode on a Grecian Urn by John Keats
- The River-Merchant's Wife: A Letter by Ezra Pound
- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot
- Home Burial by Robert Frost
TEACHER EDITION AVAILABLE FOR $34.95 CALL US TO ORDER (so we can verify you're a teacher)