The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Interactive Flip Book
The target audience for The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (at least for the versions found in this teaching pack) are children to young adults, or students who are in 4th to 12th grade.
There are several versions of the tale. I recommend the original, which is around 40 pages long. I provide you with 2 links for the full text, an "easier" or "struggling reader" version, and a link for The Legend of Sleepy Hollow audio.
- Headless Horseman cutout printables
- 3 pages- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Comprehension Questions
- 1 page- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Plot Diagram fill in
- 2 pages-Plot Diagram Elements
- 1 page-Words to Know, "What are myths, legends and folktales?”
- 1 page- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Main Characters Fill In
- Teacher Notes, links, and summary
- Flip Book Directions
- Answer Key!
Great short story for Halloween or fall months. Appropriate for several grades, due to the appeal, range of vocabulary, and versions available. Flip book can be modified by guided practice, abbreviated assignment, read aloud, pair work, and mini lessons.
Directions are clear and explicit.