We know literature and sound teaching principles, but only YOU know your students. Use our LitPlan literature lesson plans as a foundation of materials for teaching works of literature, and focus your time on your students.
Here's what's already done for you in our LitPlan literature lesson plans:
- Short Answer Study Questions for each reading assignment
- Multiple Choice Quizzes for each reading assignment
- Vocabulary Worksheets for each reading assignment
- Daily Lessons that are practical with a reading schedule and homework assignments incorporated along with class activities, group and individual activities, review lessons, and more
- Critical Thinking Discussion Questions divided by level: interpretive, critcal, critical with personal response, and personal response
- 3 Detailed Writing Assignments with student instructions--including informational writing, persuasive writing, and expressing personal opinions or creative writing
- 5 Unit Tests Two are short answer, two are multiple choice, one is advanced short answer. They come in multiple parts and you can mix-and-match the sections. There are plenty of materials to vary the level of your assessments, as well as to do make-up tests.
- Extra Resource Materials for unit and vocabulary review, including crosswords, word searches, matching, and more
- Evaluation Forms for evaluating oral reading, writing, and the related nonfiction reading assignment
- Practical Resources like bulletin board ideas, ideas for other activities and writing assignments, and ideas for related topics for research or discussion
- Bookmarks in the pdf files
Download, Open, and Teach
- Our LitPlans are so thorough you could just download them tonight and start teaching tomorrow morning. They include a step-by-step teaching plan that is great for new teachers and homeschoolers as well as for veteran teachers who are rushed for time.
- The unique format of our literature lesson plans makes them very flexible. You can use the step-by-step daily lesson plans we provide, or you could use the many excellent resources in our LitPlans to supplement your own unit plan.
- Our LitPlans are based on the original works of literature, and the level of the units are based on the grade levels in which those works are usually taught. In general, they are written to the middle-of-the-road students but can be easily adapted for higher or lower levels by switching out a few assignments or by changing the criteria on which assignments are graded.
- A great value at just $16.95, LitPlans are more thorough than some teaching units that are twice the price!
- Add a backup CD if you're a little uncomfortable with getting just the download.
- Add a paperback copy if you're a teacher who prefers to have that format.
- In any case, you get the downloadable file so you can start looking at it and working with it ASAP!
You Might Also Like To Know
- We have LitPlans for over 160 titles usually taught in grades 4-12.
- The books we chose have a wide variety of topics and themes.
- LitPlans are written by experienced classroom teachers.
- We're still adding new LitPlans every year.
- We want to make LitPlan titles you want, so please give us title suggestions.