Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my downloadable product?
- Log in to your account. In your account menu click on My Downloadable Products. Then, click on the link(s) of the product(s) you would like to retrieve. We highly recommend that you save your downloadable products to your own computer or device.
I can't log in to my account. What should I do?
- Enter the email address you think your account is under, then click the forgot password link. We'll send you an email with a link to reset your password.
- If you have forgotten the email address your account is under, contact us and we'll be glad to look it up for you!
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- Your download file will be available from your account within a few minutes after your order. Log onto your account on our web site to retrieve it.
- If you ordered a CD or printed copy, we usually ship those out on the same day or next business day from Maryland. Most orders are delivered within 2-7 business days.
- When your order is shipped, we send you an email with the tracking number so you can see the exact status of your shipment. Orders using the 1st Class US Mail shipping option do not have tracking available.
Do you accept school purchase orders?
Yes, we do accept POs from schools and school systems. You can send it to us via one of these methods:
- Fax to: 410 629 1999
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Mail to: Teacher's Pet Publications, 11504 Hammock Point Rd., Berlin, MD 21811
- Yes, but we need to set your account to accept POs. Contact us, and we can set this up for you pretty quickly. Note that before the order can be processed, we have to have a copy of the authorized PO.
- In the Adobe Acrobat Reader program, you have a choice of printing the entire document or choosing pages you want to print.
- CDs with PDF files can be printed.
- CDs that are audio or MP3 files are not printable.
- You may print out a copy of the downloaded publication for use in your own classroom.
- You may print out as many of the student materials as you need for use in your own classroom.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated on the product page, all products are single-use licensed; one must be purchased for each user.
- NO. Posting to the Internet materials you get on this website is a violation of copyright laws.
- You especially may not post these materials to certain teacher-favorite websites like WikiSpaces.
- If your school has a password protected, secure portal that is not indexed by search engines and is absolutely not accessible to anyone other than yourself and your students, contact us to discuss your situation and request written permission. Do not post anything to the Internet without written permission.
- In most cases, they are in PDF format, which is difficult to work with. Some publishers lock their files, making them totally unalterable. Enhanced eBooks are unlocked.
- Enhanced eBooks are unlocked PDFs, which allow users to copy and paste text and certain images. Some publishers (ie: Evan-Moor, Creative Teaching Press & Teacher Created Resources) also enable the use of the Typewriter Tool in Adobe Reader in their Enhanced eBooks.
- Due to the nature of PDF files, not all images can be copied; text formatting will also be lost. Users can customize the text formatting by copying and pasting the text into a word processing program (like Microsoft Word), and then adding the desired formatting.
- While not all of our publishers sell enhanced eBooks, you can find enhanced materials from many of our top publishers. Please note that some titles may not be available as enhanced eBooks, specifically if they contain mostly graphics, which cannot be copied, or have many scanned pages that interfere with selecting text.
- Enhanced eBooks are subject to the same copyright laws as regular eBooks.
- Paperback copies are available for most products on our website. If you do not see the option but would prefer paperback, please contact us; we'd be glad to assist you in placing your order.
- We write some in-house, and we contract with several teachers as free-lance writers. We are careful in our screening so that we contract with high-quality teachers who write to our standards.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Describe what kind of resources you have and attach a sample if possible.
- You may need to download a more recent version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader Click here to get it. or Adobe Flash Click here to get it .
- If you purchased SMART Board or Promethian Board materials, you need software from those companies to run it. Go to the company website and download a free reader for their software.
- You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can help, but you're usually better off with someone who can actually physically see your computer and work with it. With so many different devices and operating systems in use, it's hard for us to determine exactly what the problem is with your particular device.
- If you're using a school computer, try to open it on your home computer. Sometimes school computers are out-of-date, block some software, or have network issues.
- If you're using a mobile device, try using a PC or Mac computer.
- When these options appear for one product, the materials in each format are the same thing; they're just in different formats to suit different customers' preferences.
- Yes! Click on the Catalog link in the footer of our website. You can download our most recent catalog and/or have a printed copy mailed to you.
- Note that we now have over 50,000 resources available on our website, too many to fit into a single printed catalog.
- We would be happy to give you a written quote for any products you would like to requisition and order through a PO.
- For your protection, our web site has several layers of security. If your contact information does not match your credit card billing statement information EXACTLY, our system will decline the purchase even though you have funds available. This keeps someone else from using your card with only a few pieces of your information.
I tried to place my order several times but it wouldn’t go through. Now it looks like you have charged me for each time I tried. What’s with that?
- When our system asks for authorization for funds from your bank, it checks to see that funds are available; the bank automatically “holds” those funds for us to three days to allow time for the transaction to be completed. If your data (name, address, etc.) in our system doesn’t match your banks, we do not complete the transaction; our system declines the purchase. Your bank, however, still “holds” those funds in your account and they are unavailable for use for a day or two. So if you try to make a purchase several times on our web site, your bank or credit card records may appear to have charges from us for each transaction—but we only actually complete the transaction(s) that show as approved, successful orders. The “held” funds are automatically released after a day or two, depending on your bank’s policy.