Nickel and Dimed is the story of an undercover journalist exploring what it's like to live on minimum wage for the working poor of the US.
The Teaching Unit for Nickel and Dimedgives you a comprehensive academic framework that saves you hours of prep work.
You can rely on this well-researched unit as a strong base for your lesson plan — it was written by one of our seasoned educators with your needs in mind.
Every Teaching Unit contains:
- A list of academic objectives your students will meet
- Questions for essay and discussion
- A list of literary terms used in the book, with definitions
- A test consisting of multiple-choice questions and free-response essay writing prompts
- A chapter-by-chapter study guide consisting of vocabulary and questions about the book's plot, characters, literary techniques, and more
- Answer keys for the multiple-choice test and study-guide questions